How to request support
- Phone – During standard business hours, all calls should be answered by a member of our team. In the unlikely event you have to leave a voicemail, it should be returned within 1 hour. If you do have to leave a message during standard business hours and do not receive a response within 1 hour, please call back (it means something went wrong). During non-business hours, all non-emergency calls will be returned in the order they were received on the next business day. Any emergency support requests received after hours will page our on call technician and, if not immediately answered, we will respond within 4 hours.
- Email – Email support can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com and you should receive an autoresponse from our ticketing system confirming that we received your request. During business hours, all email support requests should receive a response within 1 hour. If you do send a support email during business hours and do not receive a response within 1 hour, please resend the request or call if you can (it means something went wrong). If you need to request emergency support during non-business hours, simply include the word “emergency” in the subject of your email and our on-call support technician will be paged. Please note that the applicable after-hours or holiday rates will apply.
- Website – Support can also be requested from the Contact Us page of our website. Just like the email request, you can include the word “Emergency” in the subject for emergency support outside of standard business hours.
The safety and security of the information and equipment that you entrust to our care is of paramount importance for our team. To help ensure that we don’t accidentally release that information and / or equipment to the wrong person, we maintain a list of authorized contacts for you or your organization. If someone other than the authorized contact requests to pick up repaired equipment or discuss client details, we will reach out to the authorized contact prior to any discussion (we will avoid disclosing that the client is even a client until we’re able to confirm with an authorized contact that we can disclose that with the third party).
Hourly Rates for On Call / As Needed Support
All work is billed in quarter hour increments with no minimum during standard business hours. Standard business hours for non-MyIT clients are Monday through Friday, 9:00am until 5:00p ET, excluding holidays. Standard business hours for MyIT clients are Monday through Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm ET, excluding holidays. Please note that after hours / emergency service is available to commercial and MyIT clients only. We do bill a $45 trip charge for any travel up to 50 miles. Any travel greater than 50 miles will be billed as Advanced Travel.
- Residential – $85 per hour. Please note that we prioritize commercial projects before residential projects.
- Commercial – $105 per hour.
- After Hours (non-holiday) – $157.50 per hour with a 2 hour minimum.
- Holidays – $210 per hour with a 4 hour minimum.
Priority Blocks allow customers to purchase blocks of time in advance in exchange for a discount on the hourly rate. Priority Blocks are valid for 12 months from the time of purchase and can be used for any hourly service.
|Hours Purchased||Discount Rate|
Advanced Travel charges apply to any travel greater than 50 miles from our office (per Google Maps) or that require additional transportation or lodging expense. Please note that Advanced Travel is available to Commercial and MyIT Clients only. Additional conditions may apply to international travel.
- Transportation – Airfare and rental car fees are to be prepaid by the client prior to the start of travel. Additional transportation fees (ride-share, tolls, etc.) will be billed to the client.
- Lodging – Hotel and other lodging will be pre-paid by the client prior to the start of travel.
- Per Deim – A per-deim rate equal to the federal per diem plus 20%, excluding lodging, will be billed for all advanced Travel.
- Time in transit is billable at one-half of our standard hourly rate.
- What is a ticket? A ticket is just a record of a specific problem, task, job or project that we work on and it serves as a central repository of everything related to that problem, task, job or project.
- Why do you create a ticket for everything? At the end of the day, our primary objective is to Make Happy Customers and one of the ways that we try to do this is to work as efficiently as possible. Any work that’s done for a customer is recorded in the ticket for that problem, task, job or project and all of us have access to that ticket. If a customer needs an update and their tech is out of the office or otherwise unavailable, any of us can look at the notes in the ticket and give an update. Also, if anything needs to be done on that ticket and their tech is out of the office or otherwise unavailable, any of us can do what needs to be done to get the ticket resolved. We also keep those tickets on record permanently so that we can refer back to it later if needed (if the customer has questions about it or if we see a similar issue at a different site, etc.).
Our standard practice is to always have someone available but, in the event that is not possible, we will prioritize support requests based on the customer type (MyIT, Commercial or Residential) and the following metrics.
|1 User Impacted||Computer is slow but usable|
Some limited functionality
|Low / Normal|
|Multiple Users Impacted||Multiple users with limited functionality||Normal|
|1 User Down||Single user completely unable to work|
(does not include high-value user or principal)
|1 User Down||High-value user or principal||High|
|Multiple Users Down||Multiple users completely unable to work||High|
|Server(s) Impacted||Server(s) running slowly but available||High|
|Server(s) Down||Server(s) unavailable||Critical|
|Network Impacted||Network running slow, some or all users impacted||High|
|Network Down||Network completely down, all users affected||Critical|
|Suspected Security Event||User clicked phishing link, antivirus alerted on potential virus, etc.||High|
|Confirmed Security Incident||Clear indication of compromise||Critical|
Invoicing and Payments
- Unless otherwise noted, payment is due upon receipt.
- We require payment in full for any / all materials in advance.
- Absolutely no refunds or returns on special orders.
- Estimates are valid for up to 7 days unless otherwise noted.
- All prices include estimated taxes and shipping.
- A late fee equal to the greater of $25 or 10% of the balance due will be applied to any balance not paid by the posted due date.