Many people have backups setup, but when was the last time that yours was tested? When’s the last time that you’ve actually tried to restore something from your backup? Ransomware has been a go-to for criminals because they know that, in many cases, their victims a) depend heavily on their data and b) do not have usable backups. These criminals are able to break into the systems, encrypt the data and then extort basically whatever they want (typically, large sums of money) from the victim in exchange for their data back. Having known good backups is an easy way take away that leverage.
One of the many things that sets the MyIT Program apart is the fact that we test your backups every month to make sure that it’s not only running but that it’s creating a usable backup. The last thing that you want is to find out that your backups aren’t actualy working or are worthless when you need them the most. The test is simple, you give us a file and a version that you’d like for us to recover or we can pick a random file and version to restore as part of your monthly maintenance. We include the name and version of the file in the monthly maintenance report for you. If we’re able to consistently restore from your backup, it’s good. If not, we ideally have time to fix it before you need it. Some other things that I believe set the MyIT Program apart include:
- There’s no term agreement, you can cancel anytime. We want you to be a MyIT customer because you find value in the service, not because you’re contractually obligated to stick around.
- It’s scalable to fit any sized organization from 2 people to 200+. The MyIT program is priced based on the number of workstations and servers that your organization has, so it easily scales up or down with your organization.
- Weekly firewall log review to help identify Internet based threats before they make it into your organization (depends on firewall).
- Monthly log review for all of your servers to help identify potential hardware, software or security concerns before they become a problem.
- Prioritized support over non-MyIT customers.
Are you a small to medium sized business looking to leverage technology and enable your business and workforce to work smarter and more efficiently? Do you already have computers, servers, firewalls, VPNs or other technology that you’re not taking full advantage of? Are you looking for an IT Service Provider who understands small to medium sized businesses needs and the challenges that we face that can work with you to grow your business rather than just sell you time?
Cyber Tech Cafe an IT Service Company with a focus on helping small to medium business get the most out of their technology investment. As a small business ourselves, we understand the challenges you face and have designed our service offerings to help you get the most out of your technology dollar. We offer on-call, as needed support if you just need a quick fix or extra set of hands right now. We also offer maintenance plans that we call “MyIT” that are designed to address the most common concerns (patch management, disaster recovery / backup, log review, etc.) that are based on the number of workstations and servers that you have and have no term contract. We believe that, if you find value in what we’re doing, you’ll find a way to keep us around without contract saying that you have to.
If you have questions about the MyIT plans or have an IT need that you need addressed right now, let us know. We look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.